Flapper girls and gangsters launch Bugsy Malone cinema experience at the Troxy
One of the East End’s best-loved Art Deco buildings looked like it had been blasted back to its interwar heyday when a glamorous film event was launched there on Friday.
Ladies donned flapper dresses and feathery headwear and guys looked dapper in suits and fedoras at the Troxy in Commercial Road for the start of its three-week long Bugsy Malone-themed cinema experience.
“Gangster” doormen even roamed the area around the venue, which fittingly dates back to 1933, to usher in guests.
Far more than the average film night, each evening show girls, mock boxers and gangsters will entertain dolled-up crowds before the screening.
In true Bugsy-style a custard pie fight finishes off each night’s proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
Future Cinema is showing the much-loved Prohibition musical until April 15.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 8 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 9 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant