Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
Firefighters rescued two people from a blaze at a flat in Shadwell.
The men were treated at the scene by ambulance crews after suffering from smoke inhalation.
It’s believed the fire in Shadwell Gardens on Saturday morning (September 11) was accidental and caused by an unattended candle.
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Candles, incense sticks and oil burners are one of the most common causes of fire.
“It’s really important that you never leave them unattended and keep them away from anything that could catch fire, such as curtains, furniture or clothes.”
You may also want to watch:
Part of the four-roomed flat on the third floor of the building was damaged by the fire.
The brigade was called shortly after 8am and the fire was under control within half an hour.
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin
- 8 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 9 Mural unveiled in Bethnal Green to welcome public back
- 10 Exhibition: Half Moon's 30th anniversary photos follow in 1990's footsteps
Three fire engines and 15 crew members attended the scene.