Floating market with narrow boats has opened along Regent’s Canal in Mile End Park
Colourful trading barges and narrow boats carrying everything from books and crafts to hearty food are now lining Regent’s Canal’s.
Part of the Floating Market which opened last Friday in Mile End Park everything from jewellery to vintage frocks and hats are being sold from fourteen barges.
The boats moored on the stretch of the canal between Mile End Road and Roman Road will be plying for trade during the London Games and until August 16.
Vareska, a floating caf� cooking up traditional Slovakian treats are among the many boats.
Rawlings Cakes specialises in cakes made without wheat, eggs or dairy also lines the canal.
You may also want to watch:
The towpath along the canal is an official Olympic walking and cycling route, and nearby Victoria Park is one of the official Live Sites showing highlight from the Games on big screens.
The market will move on to Little Venice in West London for the Paralympic Games.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift