Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- Credit: Saleh Ahmed/@SalehAhmed_SA
Roads and train stations across east London have been closed after widespread flooding.
A video shared on social media shows cars driving through flood water near Gants Hill roundabout at around 4.50pm today (July 25).
The Blackwall Tunnel has been shut due to flooding.
The George Green Tunnel, on the A12 in Wanstead, has been closed eastbound due to flooding.
The A1400 is also shut at the junction of Woodford Avenue and Clayhall Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London (TfL) has said the Movers Lane underpass on the A13 in Barking is "restricted" due to the flooding.
There is no service on the Central line between Hainault and Woodford and severe delays between Leytonstone and Epping due to flooding.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory
Trains also are not running on TfL Rail between Liverpool Street and Ilford because of flooding in Manor Park.
TfL has also confirmed that Gants Hill and Stepney Green Tube stations are shut due to flooding, as well as Pudding Mill Lane DLR station.