Floor walker hired to cut queues at council services centre
A FLOOR walker has been assigned to meet-and-greet the public when a revamped council one-stop shop opens in London’s East End where local authority services are provided under one roof
A FLOOR walker has been assigned to meet-and-greet the public when a revamped council one-stop shop opens in London's East End where local authority services are provided under one roof.
The floor walker's job is to direct people to the right counter to help cut the queues.
Tower Hamlets council is unveiling the new centre at Stepney's Cheviot House in Commercial Road at noon on Wednesday (March 10).
Improvements include more counters, all without screens, better waiting areas and even a children's play area.
You may also want to watch:
The centre is to serve the Stepney and Wapping areas with services including housing, paying council bills, parking and benefits advice.
An 'open hour' is planned at Cheviot House from midday to 1pm for East Enders to look around and see what services are on offer.
- 1 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 6 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 7 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 8 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 9 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 10 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry