Floor walker hired to cut queues at council services centre
A FLOOR walker has been assigned to meet-and-greet the public when a revamped council one-stop shop opens in London’s East End where local authority services are provided under one roof
A FLOOR walker has been assigned to meet-and-greet the public when a revamped council one-stop shop opens in London's East End where local authority services are provided under one roof.
The floor walker's job is to direct people to the right counter to help cut the queues.
Tower Hamlets council is unveiling the new centre at Stepney's Cheviot House in Commercial Road at noon on Wednesday (March 10).
Improvements include more counters, all without screens, better waiting areas and even a children's play area.
You may also want to watch:
The centre is to serve the Stepney and Wapping areas with services including housing, paying council bills, parking and benefits advice.
An 'open hour' is planned at Cheviot House from midday to 1pm for East Enders to look around and see what services are on offer.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 6 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 7 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man