Floral tributes mount for girl who fell from Bow tower block
FLORAL and soft toy tributes have been mounting up where a nine-year-old girl died after falling 15 floors from a tower block.
Friends and neighbours are numbed by the death of the girl, named locally as Leanne, on Saturday around 2.40pm, after she fell from Sandall House, Daling Way, Bow.
They are leaving flowers, toys and hand-written notes and cards in a growing pile as well as pinning poems and personal messages to the wall of the block.
One tribute signed older cousin Harry Dem Dem, said: “My little cousin, my angel, love you to bits. Gone but never forgotten.”
“The days are grey without you,” said another. But they will come and go… she’ll live forever.”
You may also want to watch:
One tribute is from Leanne’s school, Old Ford Primary School in Wrights Road, Bow.
“Leanne you were so special and we all have fond memories of you at school. We won’t stop thinking about you.”
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
Touchingly many of the tributes are clearly by children, decorated with coloured pens, glitter and stars.
Dear Lee Lee, I’m going to miss you and your cheeky smile,” said one.
“I will never forget how you used to tell us off about our make-up, I hope you’re watching us all, we’ll never forget you,” love Bonnie.
Another, signed by Taylor, said: “Dear Leanne, we hope you enjoy it in heaven.”
Not all the tributes were from people who knew Leanne.
One signed Wilmer House, fourth floor said: “Sweet little angel child so very sad you’ve gone so very young. “Never knew you but rest in peace.”