Flying Squad hunt armed raider after trail of seven bank heists
FLYING Squad cops have issued this snapshot from security CCTV in their hunt for a raider in seven armed bank hold-ups across East London, Essex and North London over the last three months
FLYING Squad cops have issued this snapshot from security CCTV in their hunt for a raider in a series of suspected armed bank hold-ups.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information following seven robberies across a wide area of East London, Essex and North London over the last three months.
Each time the raider enters, approaches the front counter and tells staff he has a gun, then demands money. Staff are forced under threat to hand cash over and he leaves the premises.
A weapon has never been seen on any of the raids.
The suspect is described as white, about 30, medium build, often wearing sunglasses and a fisherman-style hat.
The first raid was in East London on September 16 at Barclays in Wanstead High Street at 1.40pm, followed by two hold-ups in Essex on October 13 at Barclay’s in Loughton at 1pm and October 22 at HSBC in Waltham Abbey at 2.40pm.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 3 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 4 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
- 5 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 6 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 7 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 8 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 9 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 10 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
Four more raids were carried out across north London, the first two in Enfield on November 2 at Barclays in Lancaster Road at 1.15am and on November 10 at Barclays in Hertford Road at 3.50pm.
The next raid was November 20 at Barclays in Lordship Lane, Palmer’s Green, at 11.15am. The latest hold-up was last Friday, December 4, at Barclays in Islington Green, north of The Angel, at 10.35am.
Police are appealing to any witnesses to these raids or anyone with information to contact the Flying Squad on 020-7230 8666, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.