Food blog by GP manager in Tower Hamlets receives 12,000 web hits in two months
A food blogger showing everything she eats throughout her day has received more than 12,000 web hits in just two months.
Virginia Patania, a GP manager at the Jubilee Street Practice, on Commercial Road in Stepney, set up her food blog, www.eatingtheyear.blogspot.co.uk, to depict and describe everything she eats for one year.
She said: “It came about through an extraordinary love for food that I can’t quite articulate so I thought I would try to explain it through pictures accompanied by little stories about everything I eat. It’s all about touching, smelling, cooking, sharing and experiencing the food.
“I’m amazed that in two months 12,000 people from five continents have visited my blog. I have no idea how they found my site. I think it’s to do with people’s obsession with eating.”
Ms Patania, who lives in Hackney, said she eats everything she wants to eat, but enjoys a very healthy and varied diet.
You may also want to watch:
“I eat three full meals a day but I don’t snack. I’m half American and half Italian so eat lots of carbohydrates such as pasta and pizza.”
Her blog also includes comments about places where she has bought food or coffee in the East End.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe