Food bloggers blag Hawkesmoor’s for food frenzy
BLAGGERS are holding a banquet in London’s East End on Sunday night with food they’ve blagged from anyone they could tap, all in a good cause. They’ve even blagged the prestigious Hawksmoor steakhouse for the evening, right next to Hawksmoor’s world-heritage Spitalfields Church.
BLAGGERS are holding a banquet in London's East End on Sunday night with food they've blagged from anyone they could tap, all in a good cause.
They've even blagged the prestigious Hawksmoor steakhouse for the evening, right next to Hawksmoor's world-heritage listed 18th century Spitalfields Church.
The Blaggers' Banquet is a swanky five-course munch with matching drinks prepared, cooked and served up by London's trendy food and wine bloggers from their own creations.
Scoffers can tuck into the sumptuous grub while the bloggers raise cash for Action Against Hunger, helping to stave off hunger in the developing world.
The menu features bubbly and canap�s on arrival, Wagyu beef and sustainable yellow kingfish. Veggies and diners with dietary restrictions are also being catered for.
You may also want to watch:
For 'afters' there's a blaggers' auction with bits and bobs they've blagged (of course).
A few places are left at �75 each, a table for five for �375, up for grabs on ebay.
Sunday's bun fight starts with entertainment at 5.30pm at Hawksmoor's, 157 Commercial Street, Spitalfields, close to Aldgate East and Liverpool Street Underground stations.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?