Forman’s salmon smokery sponsoring Olympic handball player
Forman’s Fish Island, the salmon smokery and event venue, overlooking the Olympic Stadium, is sponsoring GB handball athlete Louise Jukes.
Britain has been putting together its first ever Olympic handball team for the 2012 Games and the sport has yet to take the UK by storm.
But it is the second most popular sport after football in Denmark, where Louise has been training, before relocating to Norway, since being selected for Team GB.
Ms Jukes said: “It’s a great honour to be sponsored by Forman’s. Their help makes the journey to the Games a million times easier and certainly less stressful. Forman’s amazing venue and location means every time I visit I can see in front of me exactly what I’m striving for.
“Like many in Britain I had never seen handball before but have been able to transfer some of the skills learnt through playing International hockey.”
You may also want to watch:
Handball has two teams of seven players passing a ball by hand to throw it into the other team’s goal.
Forman’s managing director, Lance Forman, said: “We’re very excited about sponsoring Louise. As we are only 100 metres from the Olympic Park and have been involved in the Olympics for eight years this is a highlight for us”.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green