Forman’s salmon smokery sponsoring Olympic handball player
Forman’s Fish Island, the salmon smokery and event venue, overlooking the Olympic Stadium, is sponsoring GB handball athlete Louise Jukes.
Britain has been putting together its first ever Olympic handball team for the 2012 Games and the sport has yet to take the UK by storm.
But it is the second most popular sport after football in Denmark, where Louise has been training, before relocating to Norway, since being selected for Team GB.
Ms Jukes said: “It’s a great honour to be sponsored by Forman’s. Their help makes the journey to the Games a million times easier and certainly less stressful. Forman’s amazing venue and location means every time I visit I can see in front of me exactly what I’m striving for.
“Like many in Britain I had never seen handball before but have been able to transfer some of the skills learnt through playing International hockey.”
You may also want to watch:
Handball has two teams of seven players passing a ball by hand to throw it into the other team’s goal.
Forman’s managing director, Lance Forman, said: “We’re very excited about sponsoring Louise. As we are only 100 metres from the Olympic Park and have been involved in the Olympics for eight years this is a highlight for us”.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom