Former councillor becomes Tower Hamlets' PR boss
TOWER Hamlets has employed a former Haringey councillor as its PR chief on a salary of up to �100,000. New head of communication Takki Sulaiman, was a councillor in the north London borough from 1998 to 2006. He was Haringey s social service chief from 2
TOWER Hamlets has employed a former Haringey councillor as its PR chief on a salary of up to �100,000.
New head of communication Takki Sulaiman, was a councillor in the north London borough from 1998 to 2006.
He was Haringey's social service chief from 2000 to 2004 and is said to have been involved with improving pay for social workers.
Mr Sulaiman is currently head of communications at the Children and Family Advisory Support Service, set up by the government to look after the interests of children involved in family court proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
His appointment comes after Tower Hamlets' former PR chief Charles Skinner moved across to become Haringey's head of communication.
Mr Sulaiman, who according to the council will be on a pay scale between �85 and �100,000 a year, will be responsible for 28 people, including staff at the council paper East End Life and the press office.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 10 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
His employment is subject to satisfactory references.