Former councillor becomes Tower Hamlets' PR boss
TOWER Hamlets has employed a former Haringey councillor as its PR chief on a salary of up to �100,000. New head of communication Takki Sulaiman, was a councillor in the north London borough from 1998 to 2006. He was Haringey s social service chief from 2
TOWER Hamlets has employed a former Haringey councillor as its PR chief on a salary of up to �100,000.
New head of communication Takki Sulaiman, was a councillor in the north London borough from 1998 to 2006.
He was Haringey's social service chief from 2000 to 2004 and is said to have been involved with improving pay for social workers.
Mr Sulaiman is currently head of communications at the Children and Family Advisory Support Service, set up by the government to look after the interests of children involved in family court proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
His appointment comes after Tower Hamlets' former PR chief Charles Skinner moved across to become Haringey's head of communication.
Mr Sulaiman, who according to the council will be on a pay scale between �85 and �100,000 a year, will be responsible for 28 people, including staff at the council paper East End Life and the press office.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
His employment is subject to satisfactory references.