Former councillor becomes Tower Hamlets' PR boss
TOWER Hamlets has employed a former Haringey councillor as its PR chief on a salary of up to �100,000. New head of communication Takki Sulaiman, was a councillor in the north London borough from 1998 to 2006. He was Haringey s social service chief from 2
TOWER Hamlets has employed a former Haringey councillor as its PR chief on a salary of up to �100,000.
New head of communication Takki Sulaiman, was a councillor in the north London borough from 1998 to 2006.
He was Haringey's social service chief from 2000 to 2004 and is said to have been involved with improving pay for social workers.
Mr Sulaiman is currently head of communications at the Children and Family Advisory Support Service, set up by the government to look after the interests of children involved in family court proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
His appointment comes after Tower Hamlets' former PR chief Charles Skinner moved across to become Haringey's head of communication.
Mr Sulaiman, who according to the council will be on a pay scale between �85 and �100,000 a year, will be responsible for 28 people, including staff at the council paper East End Life and the press office.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
His employment is subject to satisfactory references.