Former Olympic champion Daley Thompson sips champagne on Fish Island
The man often considered the World’s greatest all-round athlete is putting his feet up at the London Olympics.
With four world records and two Olympic gold medals, former British decathlete Daley Thompson can afford to take is easy this time round.
And it looks like he is doing exactly that at the beach club, put up by Forman’s salmon smokery, overlooking the Olympic Stadium on Fish Island.
Owner of the entertainment venue, Lance Forman, said: “He came down yesterday morning. He is a lovely and very warm person.
“He said he wanted to base himself here during the Olympics, it’s where he’ll come for lunch and to relax.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Forman who has created a Fish Island Rivera with corporate entertainment suites, alongside his traditional salmon smokery, expects many more famous faces during the Games.
Others who have popped in include American swimmer Michael Phelps, TV presenter Zoe Hardman, and the brother of Muhammad Ali, Rahman Ali.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
An exhibition of photographs of the boxing legend by Dutch photographer Christina Jansen is at Forman’s during the London Games.
Entry to the club is �35 or the door or �25 in advance on Forman’s website.
Five out of about 30 corporate hospitality suites are still available.