Former Olympic champion Daley Thompson sips champagne on Fish Island
The man often considered the World’s greatest all-round athlete is putting his feet up at the London Olympics.
With four world records and two Olympic gold medals, former British decathlete Daley Thompson can afford to take is easy this time round.
And it looks like he is doing exactly that at the beach club, put up by Forman’s salmon smokery, overlooking the Olympic Stadium on Fish Island.
Owner of the entertainment venue, Lance Forman, said: “He came down yesterday morning. He is a lovely and very warm person.
“He said he wanted to base himself here during the Olympics, it’s where he’ll come for lunch and to relax.”
Mr Forman who has created a Fish Island Rivera with corporate entertainment suites, alongside his traditional salmon smokery, expects many more famous faces during the Games.
Others who have popped in include American swimmer Michael Phelps, TV presenter Zoe Hardman, and the brother of Muhammad Ali, Rahman Ali.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed
An exhibition of photographs of the boxing legend by Dutch photographer Christina Jansen is at Forman’s during the London Games.
Entry to the club is �35 or the door or �25 in advance on Forman’s website.
Five out of about 30 corporate hospitality suites are still available.