Former page three model to auction George Michael jacket at Mile End charity auction
- Credit: Archant/Google
Former page three pin-up Maureen Flanagan has been traipsing up and down the Roman Road from Bow to Bethnal Green begging from shopkeepers.
She’s come away with jewellery, perfume, champagne, whisky, vodka, books and a tray-full of meats, as well as a promise of an evening meal at Pellicci’s further down in Bethnal Green Road, the haunt of East End gangland’s Kray twins who she knew well.
Now the retired 1960s model has put the lot up for auction on Saturday to raise funds for Macmillan Nurses charity.
“I just walked in and the kind traders gave straight away,” the 75-year-old grandmother said.
“Everyone’s been kind down ‘The Roman’ - they’re right East End angels.”
You may also want to watch:
Heaven forbid anyone should refuse Violet Kray’s former hairdresser for 40 years - but all in a good cause.
Maureen has even blagged souvenirs from former Krays henchmen Freddie Foreman and Chris Lambrianou who are donating signed copies of their autobiographies.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 7 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
Saturday’s auction at 4pm is at The Victoria pub in Grove Road, Mile End, followed by top live entertainment till 11pm with singer Jodie Stone and TV’s Linda Lambert from Storage Hunters, who are organising the Macmillan Nurses fundraiser, and American rap star Cream.
But star at the auction is a ‘one off’ denim jacket George Michael gave Maureen Flanagan at his Earl’s Court concert in 2008 - decorated with rhinestones and has ‘George Michael’ written in silver studs.