Former Premier League defender moves to Brisbane Road
- Credit: Empics Sports Photography Ltd.
Kevin Nolan delighted to add Peter Ramage to his League Two squad
Leyton Orient have completed the loan signing of former Newcastle United and Crystal Palace defender Peter Ramage.
The 32-year-old moves to Brisbane Road on a 28-day deal from League One outfit Coventry City.
His arrival comes just days after it was confirmed O’s captain Mathieu Baudry will miss the next four matches through suspension.
Baudry was shown a straight red card at Oxford United on Saturday and an appeal to overturn that was rejected by the FA on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Nolan has acted quickly to get some cover for his skipper and signed a player with a vast amount of experience.
Ramage started his career at Newcastle in the Premier League before enjoying a lengthy spell with Palace, which ended last summer.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
He then represented Kerala Blasters in the Indian Super League alongside former Orient forward Chris Dagnall.
After that tournament finished, he signed a six-month contract with the Sky Blues in January.
The defender has only played four times, though, and not appeared for Coventry since February 7.
But he should get the opportunity to showcase his ability at Brisbane Road and might be included in the team against Morecambe on Saturday.
Orient dropped out of the play-off places last night as Wycombe Wanderers drew at Accrington Stanley. A win this weekend, however, should see them back in the top seven and Ramage will hope to play his part.
Nolan said: “It is a fantastic signing for us, it is a great coup to get somebody of Peter’s ability and of his experience.
“It just shows what we want to do this season and the backing I’ve received from the chairman and his support staff has been fantastic, as I’ve said on numerous occasions.
“This is just another coup for us and a way of them to show they’re backing me and that we are serious about trying to get promotion this year.
“Peter is a great signing and I’m hoping he can come in, settle and do everything so quickly that he can get to the performance levels that I know he can play at.”