Former Tower Hamlets School for Girls pupils share emotional reunion
- Credit: Archant
School friends from years gone by have got together for an emotional reunion - complete with a surprise visit from a former headteacher.
Former pupils of what used to be known as Tower Hamlets School for Girls – now Mulberry School - organised the catch up for classmates who started there between 1963 and 1983.
And emotions ran high as friends were reunited at an East End pub, with more than 100 former pupils taking the time to catch up with each other.
Organiser Brenda said: “It was brilliant. There were lots of laughs, a few tears and plenty of drinks!
“Everyone’s so happy it was done, and they are really pleased to have got in touch with old school friends.”
You may also want to watch:
Brenda, who grew up in Limehouse but now lives in Dagenham said social networking site Facebook had helped her organise the event, held on Sunday June 16 at the Half Moon theatre pub in Mile End Road, Stepney Green.
Some ex-pupils were overwhelmed when former headteacher Dame Daphne Gould joined the celebrations as a surprise guest, alongside another former head Dame Marlene Robottom.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Brenda is now planning another reunion next year to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the school, in Commercial Road, Shadwell.
She is urging former pupils to get in touch through the Facebook page she set up to help them reunite.
For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tower-Hamlets-School-for-Girls-THS4G/295346354316