Four arrested after suspicious Isle of Dogs blaze
FOUR people have been arrested on suspicion of arson after fire broke out at a block of flats on the Isle of Dogs, forcing families to flee. A teenager and three men are being questioned
A TEENAGER asnd three men have been arrested on suspicion of arson after fire at a block of flats on the Isle of Dogs forcing families to flee the building.
They are are being questioned by police who are examining CCTV images after the blaze broke out in a communal area at the four-storey building at Tiller Road in Cubitt Town on Sunday night.
A quarter of the roof and part of the third floor was damaged, but there were no injuries.
Eight families are still living in temporary accommodation because of the damage.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have been in Tiller Road on Sunday, between 10.15 and 10.30pm at 10.25pm, to contact Limehouse CID on 020-7275 4542, or Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
They had the fire under control by 1pm. A quarter of the roof and part of the third floor was damaged, but there were no injuries.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto