Four arrested after suspicious Isle of Dogs blaze
FOUR people have been arrested on suspicion of arson after fire broke out at a block of flats on the Isle of Dogs, forcing families to flee. A teenager and three men are being questioned
A TEENAGER asnd three men have been arrested on suspicion of arson after fire at a block of flats on the Isle of Dogs forcing families to flee the building.
They are are being questioned by police who are examining CCTV images after the blaze broke out in a communal area at the four-storey building at Tiller Road in Cubitt Town on Sunday night.
A quarter of the roof and part of the third floor was damaged, but there were no injuries.
Eight families are still living in temporary accommodation because of the damage.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have been in Tiller Road on Sunday, between 10.15 and 10.30pm at 10.25pm, to contact Limehouse CID on 020-7275 4542, or Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
They had the fire under control by 1pm. A quarter of the roof and part of the third floor was damaged, but there were no injuries.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges