Four arrested after suspicious Isle of Dogs blaze
FOUR people have been arrested on suspicion of arson after fire broke out at a block of flats on the Isle of Dogs, forcing families to flee. A teenager and three men are being questioned
A TEENAGER asnd three men have been arrested on suspicion of arson after fire at a block of flats on the Isle of Dogs forcing families to flee the building.
They are are being questioned by police who are examining CCTV images after the blaze broke out in a communal area at the four-storey building at Tiller Road in Cubitt Town on Sunday night.
A quarter of the roof and part of the third floor was damaged, but there were no injuries.
Eight families are still living in temporary accommodation because of the damage.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have been in Tiller Road on Sunday, between 10.15 and 10.30pm at 10.25pm, to contact Limehouse CID on 020-7275 4542, or Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
They had the fire under control by 1pm. A quarter of the roof and part of the third floor was damaged, but there were no injuries.
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs