Four wives Sharia law is no utopia
Dear Ed... It has been a religious revelation watching on BBC TV ‘My Brother the Islamist’, listening to and reading the witterings in the media of Tower Hamlets resident Richard Dart (BBC3, April 4).
I have to question a teensy weensey bit of his extremism. It was refreshing to be informed that I can have four wives when Sharia law descends in this country.
But let me point out that any religion telling you to have four wives is certainly one I have no intention of embracing, as working out the madness of one wife is more than enough for any man.
The real good bit is Dart telling us that when Sharia law descends I can have a bungalow for each of them.
However, maybe Dart has missed the point, pun intended. If Sharia law does descend, then we will all be like Mr Dart and living off the State.
You may also want to watch:
So who will pay? More to the point, who will get off their rear end and build these bungalows? Ah well, back to the religious drawing board!
Hold on a minute—what if our four wives are brickies and carpenters? Just an idea to try help you get that Sharia Utopia, Mr Dart.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 4 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End