Free Camping, cooking and creative fun for kids
Six weeks of free events from baking to arts classes over the summer holiday are starting tomorrow (Friday) at Mile End Park.
Youngsters can learn to make truffles, cheesecake, pizza and ice cream sundaes at Beth’s Kitchen inside the children’s area of the park in Locksley Street.
Arty youngsters can let their imaginations run wild with arts and crafts sessions.
There will be a special event to celebrate National Play Day on August 1 with Footsteps in the Park. Children will be painting with their hands and feet and get very messy.
Youngsters can also get a taste of the great outdoors by camping overnight in the park on August 1 and 30. Tents and food will be provided, and participants will need to bring their own sleeping bags.
SKIP Theatre will be hosting a drama fun day on August 10 where children can make a play in a day.
They will have the chance to make their own costumes, props, devise a play and then perform in front of an audience.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 9 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
At Mile End Park Water Festival on August 24 water pistols will be on hand or children can bring their own to have a splashing good time.
Fashion conscious kids can create their own designer t-shirt on August 31.
To view a full timetable of events visit www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/parks or to book a session call 020 7093 2253.