Free course to help recover from loss
A MAN who lost his former girlfriend in the 7/7 bombings is staging an event on May 11 to help people rebuild their lives after suffering trauma.
A MAN who lost his former girlfriend in the July 2005 bombings is staging a free event on Monday May 11 to help people rebuild their lives after suffering trauma.
Raj Babbra has set up Living through Loss to help others and the organisation is marking its launch with a free event which starts at 7pm at 203 Eversholt Street, near Euston.
It aims to help people take the first steps in learning to live with their loss.
Raj lost his ex-partner Benedetta Ciaccia in the Aldgate bombing in July 2005 and has since made a film about the impact of her loss called Life without Benedetta.
The terrorist attacks on London claimed the lives of 52 people and injured hundreds more.
He went on a course which helped him find life bearable again after her death and has arranged Monday's event with speaker Harleen McLean of Landmark Education to help others regain their smile.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 6 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 7 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 8 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 9 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 10 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
Further information and booking details are available on http://www.lifewithloss.org/events/11thMay2009.html and there are places for 200 people to attend.