Free course to help recover from loss
A MAN who lost his former girlfriend in the 7/7 bombings is staging an event on May 11 to help people rebuild their lives after suffering trauma.
A MAN who lost his former girlfriend in the July 2005 bombings is staging a free event on Monday May 11 to help people rebuild their lives after suffering trauma.
Raj Babbra has set up Living through Loss to help others and the organisation is marking its launch with a free event which starts at 7pm at 203 Eversholt Street, near Euston.
It aims to help people take the first steps in learning to live with their loss.
Raj lost his ex-partner Benedetta Ciaccia in the Aldgate bombing in July 2005 and has since made a film about the impact of her loss called Life without Benedetta.
The terrorist attacks on London claimed the lives of 52 people and injured hundreds more.
He went on a course which helped him find life bearable again after her death and has arranged Monday's event with speaker Harleen McLean of Landmark Education to help others regain their smile.
- 1 Bow flat fire caused by sunlight on glass bottle
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Crossrail: Canary Wharf station ready as Elizabeth Line nears opening
- 4 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 5 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 6 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 7 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 8 Riverside park extension above new sewage structures given green light
- 9 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 10 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
Further information and booking details are available on http://www.lifewithloss.org/events/11thMay2009.html and there are places for 200 people to attend.