Free creative courses for East End youngsters
YOUNGSTERS interested in honing their artistic and creative skills can sign up foir free courses run bt Tower hamlets council s A Team Arts project this summer. Some of the fashion courses are being led by luxury brand Burberry, and will offer a valuable
YOUNGSTERS interested in honing their artistic and creative skills can sign up foir free courses run bt Tower hamlets council's A Team Arts project this summer.
Some of the fashion courses are being led by luxury brand Burberry, and will offer a valuable insight into the fashion and textiles industry.
Students will also learn how to create a catwalk collection from scratch in just four weeks.
To showcase their couture creations, the participants will be able to take part in next year's Alternative Fashion Week in April.
You may also want to watch:
Other courses concentrate how to style for the catwalk, photo shoots, personal makeovers and magazines and the art of co-ordinating clothes with accessories, hair, make-up and models.
'Online, on digital and in Stepney' is a course made for young people interested in drama. Students can get involved in productions to create interactive applications and performances about their favourite places.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
Anyone looking to improve their moves can fuse Indian classical, folk-bhangra, Latino and hip-hop styles with a touch of pure Bollywood as part of a dance course.
All courses vary in length and start date and are based at various venues around the East End. They are available to teenagers aged 13-19.
More information is available from A Team Arts on 020 7364 7908, www.towerhamletsarts.org.uk or www.summeruni.org