Free creative courses for East End youngsters
YOUNGSTERS interested in honing their artistic and creative skills can sign up foir free courses run bt Tower hamlets council s A Team Arts project this summer. Some of the fashion courses are being led by luxury brand Burberry, and will offer a valuable
YOUNGSTERS interested in honing their artistic and creative skills can sign up foir free courses run bt Tower hamlets council's A Team Arts project this summer.
Some of the fashion courses are being led by luxury brand Burberry, and will offer a valuable insight into the fashion and textiles industry.
Students will also learn how to create a catwalk collection from scratch in just four weeks.
To showcase their couture creations, the participants will be able to take part in next year's Alternative Fashion Week in April.
You may also want to watch:
Other courses concentrate how to style for the catwalk, photo shoots, personal makeovers and magazines and the art of co-ordinating clothes with accessories, hair, make-up and models.
'Online, on digital and in Stepney' is a course made for young people interested in drama. Students can get involved in productions to create interactive applications and performances about their favourite places.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 9 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
Anyone looking to improve their moves can fuse Indian classical, folk-bhangra, Latino and hip-hop styles with a touch of pure Bollywood as part of a dance course.
All courses vary in length and start date and are based at various venues around the East End. They are available to teenagers aged 13-19.
More information is available from A Team Arts on 020 7364 7908, www.towerhamletsarts.org.uk or www.summeruni.org