Free creative courses for East End youngsters
YOUNGSTERS interested in honing their artistic and creative skills can sign up foir free courses run bt Tower hamlets council s A Team Arts project this summer. Some of the fashion courses are being led by luxury brand Burberry, and will offer a valuable
YOUNGSTERS interested in honing their artistic and creative skills can sign up foir free courses run bt Tower hamlets council's A Team Arts project this summer.
Some of the fashion courses are being led by luxury brand Burberry, and will offer a valuable insight into the fashion and textiles industry.
Students will also learn how to create a catwalk collection from scratch in just four weeks.
To showcase their couture creations, the participants will be able to take part in next year's Alternative Fashion Week in April.
You may also want to watch:
Other courses concentrate how to style for the catwalk, photo shoots, personal makeovers and magazines and the art of co-ordinating clothes with accessories, hair, make-up and models.
'Online, on digital and in Stepney' is a course made for young people interested in drama. Students can get involved in productions to create interactive applications and performances about their favourite places.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Anyone looking to improve their moves can fuse Indian classical, folk-bhangra, Latino and hip-hop styles with a touch of pure Bollywood as part of a dance course.
All courses vary in length and start date and are based at various venues around the East End. They are available to teenagers aged 13-19.
More information is available from A Team Arts on 020 7364 7908, www.towerhamletsarts.org.uk or www.summeruni.org