Free creative courses for East End youngsters
YOUNGSTERS interested in honing their artistic and creative skills can sign up foir free courses run bt Tower hamlets council s A Team Arts project this summer. Some of the fashion courses are being led by luxury brand Burberry, and will offer a valuable
YOUNGSTERS interested in honing their artistic and creative skills can sign up foir free courses run bt Tower hamlets council's A Team Arts project this summer.
Some of the fashion courses are being led by luxury brand Burberry, and will offer a valuable insight into the fashion and textiles industry.
Students will also learn how to create a catwalk collection from scratch in just four weeks.
To showcase their couture creations, the participants will be able to take part in next year's Alternative Fashion Week in April.
Other courses concentrate how to style for the catwalk, photo shoots, personal makeovers and magazines and the art of co-ordinating clothes with accessories, hair, make-up and models.
'Online, on digital and in Stepney' is a course made for young people interested in drama. Students can get involved in productions to create interactive applications and performances about their favourite places.
- 1 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 4 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
- 5 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 6 Firefighter retires after cancer diagnosis
- 7 Old Bailey courts closed as barrister strike action gets under way
- 8 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 9 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 10 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
Anyone looking to improve their moves can fuse Indian classical, folk-bhangra, Latino and hip-hop styles with a touch of pure Bollywood as part of a dance course.
All courses vary in length and start date and are based at various venues around the East End. They are available to teenagers aged 13-19.
More information is available from A Team Arts on 020 7364 7908, www.towerhamletsarts.org.uk or www.summeruni.org