Free film workshops with chance to star at the Olympics
Free film making workshops in the Olympic host boroughs give young people the chance to shown their movies to millions of spectators during the 2012 Games.
The workshops are coming to Tower Hamlets next Friday, as part of the 2012 Cultural Olympia, giving 14-19-year-olds the chance to meet professional film-makers and acquire skills in film-making techniques using the latest state-of-the-art equipment under expert tuition.
They can then upload their films online to enter an annual competition, which will see the winning films screened at the Olympic and Paralympic venues. .
Friday’s workshop will be at Four Corners Films on Roman Road from 10am-5.pm.
To sign up visit www.filmnation.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
The workshops are part of the Film Nation:Shorts nationwide programme showcasing the creative talents of the next generation of young film-makers.
- 1 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 2 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory