Free film workshops with chance to star at the Olympics
Free film making workshops in the Olympic host boroughs give young people the chance to shown their movies to millions of spectators during the 2012 Games.
The workshops are coming to Tower Hamlets next Friday, as part of the 2012 Cultural Olympia, giving 14-19-year-olds the chance to meet professional film-makers and acquire skills in film-making techniques using the latest state-of-the-art equipment under expert tuition.
They can then upload their films online to enter an annual competition, which will see the winning films screened at the Olympic and Paralympic venues. .
Friday’s workshop will be at Four Corners Films on Roman Road from 10am-5.pm.
To sign up visit www.filmnation.org.uk
The workshops are part of the Film Nation:Shorts nationwide programme showcasing the creative talents of the next generation of young film-makers.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 4 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 5 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 6 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute