Free film workshops with chance to star at the Olympics
Free film making workshops in the Olympic host boroughs give young people the chance to shown their movies to millions of spectators during the 2012 Games.
The workshops are coming to Tower Hamlets next Friday, as part of the 2012 Cultural Olympia, giving 14-19-year-olds the chance to meet professional film-makers and acquire skills in film-making techniques using the latest state-of-the-art equipment under expert tuition.
They can then upload their films online to enter an annual competition, which will see the winning films screened at the Olympic and Paralympic venues. .
Friday’s workshop will be at Four Corners Films on Roman Road from 10am-5.pm.
To sign up visit www.filmnation.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
The workshops are part of the Film Nation:Shorts nationwide programme showcasing the creative talents of the next generation of young film-makers.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park