Free film workshops with chance to star at the Olympics
Free film making workshops in the Olympic host boroughs give young people the chance to shown their movies to millions of spectators during the 2012 Games.
The workshops are coming to Tower Hamlets next Friday, as part of the 2012 Cultural Olympia, giving 14-19-year-olds the chance to meet professional film-makers and acquire skills in film-making techniques using the latest state-of-the-art equipment under expert tuition.
They can then upload their films online to enter an annual competition, which will see the winning films screened at the Olympic and Paralympic venues. .
Friday’s workshop will be at Four Corners Films on Roman Road from 10am-5.pm.
To sign up visit www.filmnation.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
The workshops are part of the Film Nation:Shorts nationwide programme showcasing the creative talents of the next generation of young film-makers.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 8 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 9 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant