Free summer football camps for Tower Hamlets’ future stars
Football stars of the future are being given the chance to hone their skills at free soccer camps throughout the summer holidays.
Children aged 8-16 can sign up to camps at four locations across the East End. The scheme attracted more than 1,000 players last year.
Tower Hamlets Council’s cabinet member for culture Cllr Rania Khan said: “I am pleased this scheme is continuing after its successful pilot last year.
“Group activities like football are not only enjoyable but teach important skills like team work, discipline and perseverance.”
The sessions will be held at locations in Wapping, Stepney Green, the Isle of Dogs and Poplar.
For more information, contact Tower Hamlets Council’s football development officer Derek Bennett on 020 7364 2681.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences