Free summer football camps for Tower Hamlets’ future stars
Football stars of the future are being given the chance to hone their skills at free soccer camps throughout the summer holidays.
Children aged 8-16 can sign up to camps at four locations across the East End. The scheme attracted more than 1,000 players last year.
Tower Hamlets Council’s cabinet member for culture Cllr Rania Khan said: “I am pleased this scheme is continuing after its successful pilot last year.
“Group activities like football are not only enjoyable but teach important skills like team work, discipline and perseverance.”
The sessions will be held at locations in Wapping, Stepney Green, the Isle of Dogs and Poplar.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Tower Hamlets Council’s football development officer Derek Bennett on 020 7364 2681.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning