Free tours of Olympic Park for Tower Hamlets residents snapped up
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Free tickets have been snapped up by Tower Hamlets residents keen to enjoy a sneak peak behind the scenes at the work being done on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
There were 400 free tickets available for the Park in Progress tour, which included a trip to the ArcelorMittal Orbit structure to allow visitors to enjoy stunning views of the site, but the tours are now fully booked.
Community groups and schools are able to organise their own trips to the site.
Some of the Olympics venues are being dismantled as community centres, gardens and cafes take their place.
The new park is expected to open partially from July.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Rania Khan, cabinet member for culture, said: “We are working hard to ensure that our residents continue to benefit from opportunities that the Games brought London and to Tower Hamlets.”
To book tickets call 0800 023 2030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'