Free tours of Olympic Park for Tower Hamlets residents snapped up
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Free tickets have been snapped up by Tower Hamlets residents keen to enjoy a sneak peak behind the scenes at the work being done on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
There were 400 free tickets available for the Park in Progress tour, which included a trip to the ArcelorMittal Orbit structure to allow visitors to enjoy stunning views of the site, but the tours are now fully booked.
Community groups and schools are able to organise their own trips to the site.
Some of the Olympics venues are being dismantled as community centres, gardens and cafes take their place.
The new park is expected to open partially from July.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Rania Khan, cabinet member for culture, said: “We are working hard to ensure that our residents continue to benefit from opportunities that the Games brought London and to Tower Hamlets.”
To book tickets call 0800 023 2030 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries