Free train travel on Armed Forces Day
- Credit: c2c
c2c will be celebrating Armed Forces Day with free travel for current and former military personnel.
The train company will allow them to board for free at all stations, including Limehouse and Fenchurch Street, this Saturday and Sunday.
Community events will be taking place along the route to celebrate the day, including a big parade in Southend.
c2c’s fleet performance engineer Justin Hope served in the Royal Navy for ten years before joining the company.
He said: “As a strong supporter of the armed forces, I am pleased that c2c is getting behind Armed Forces Day and offering free travel to current and former military personnel.
You may also want to watch:
“These local community events will allow people to show their support for the armed forces and it also promises to be a great day out for all the family.”
To qualify for free travel, you must be dressed in military uniform or show either a defence discount service or veteran rewards for forces card.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 6 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 7 Unmesh Desai: British Bangladeshi community is important part of the East End
- 8 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 9 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London