Free train travel on Armed Forces Day
- Credit: c2c
c2c will be celebrating Armed Forces Day with free travel for current and former military personnel.
The train company will allow them to board for free at all stations, including Limehouse and Fenchurch Street, this Saturday and Sunday.
Community events will be taking place along the route to celebrate the day, including a big parade in Southend.
c2c’s fleet performance engineer Justin Hope served in the Royal Navy for ten years before joining the company.
He said: “As a strong supporter of the armed forces, I am pleased that c2c is getting behind Armed Forces Day and offering free travel to current and former military personnel.
You may also want to watch:
“These local community events will allow people to show their support for the armed forces and it also promises to be a great day out for all the family.”
To qualify for free travel, you must be dressed in military uniform or show either a defence discount service or veteran rewards for forces card.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided