Free train travel on Armed Forces Day
- Credit: c2c
c2c will be celebrating Armed Forces Day with free travel for current and former military personnel.
The train company will allow them to board for free at all stations, including Limehouse and Fenchurch Street, this Saturday and Sunday.
Community events will be taking place along the route to celebrate the day, including a big parade in Southend.
c2c’s fleet performance engineer Justin Hope served in the Royal Navy for ten years before joining the company.
He said: “As a strong supporter of the armed forces, I am pleased that c2c is getting behind Armed Forces Day and offering free travel to current and former military personnel.
You may also want to watch:
“These local community events will allow people to show their support for the armed forces and it also promises to be a great day out for all the family.”
To qualify for free travel, you must be dressed in military uniform or show either a defence discount service or veteran rewards for forces card.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift