Free Tube and bus travel for New Year party animals
PARTY-GOERS welcoming in the New Year in London will be able to travel to and from celebrations for free.
Travel on the Tube, buses, DLR and trams will be free from 11.45pm on New Year’s Eve until 4.30am on New Year’s Day.
London Overground services will also be free from 11:45pm until the last train.
Tube, DLR, tram and selected National Rail services in will run all night on New Year’s Eve. Night and 24 hour bus routes will run as normal but there will be a reduction in bus services leaving central London from around 5pm on New Year’s Eve to around 3am because of road closures.
TfL is advising passengers to check its Festive Travel Guide which published travel information for between Christmas and the New Year.
You may also want to watch:
The guide contains details of Tube, bus, DLR, tram, London Overground and Riverboat services as well as the Congestion Charge throughout the entire festive period until Bank Holiday Monday, January 3.
The guide is available at all Tube stations, online and at most information points at bus, DLR, tram and London Overground stations.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
Barclays Cycle Hire members and casual users will be able to hire bikes as normal through the festive period, although some docking stations will be temporarily unavailable for use on New Year’s Eve for safety reasons.
TfL will be carrying out Tube and Overground engineering works over the festive period and is advising all passengers to check before they travel.