Free waterways training for under 25s in Bromley by Bow
YOUNG people can join a free training course where they can pick up skills in health and safety, leadership and publicity in Bromley by Bow on Monday. The Waterways Champions course for the 16s to 25s is run by green charity Thames 21 and will include
YOUNG people can join a free training course where they can pick up skills in health and safety, leadership and publicity in Bromley by Bow on Monday.
The Waterways Champions course for the 16s to 25s is run by green charity Thames 21 and will include a clean up of a reed bed along the River Lea near Three Mills Island.
Organiser Abby Kelly said: "The short course will cover various aspects including site selection, health and safety, publicity and promotion and leadership - all highly valuable transferable skills. People will also get to meet other like-minded young people, and receive a certificate and t-shirt when they've completed the one-day course."
It runs from 11am to 4pm but places are limited and need to be booked on a first come first served basis.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Abby Kelly on 020 7213 0167 or email@example.com to book a place. Further details are on www.waterwaychampions.org.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 5 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 6 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 7 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin