Free waterways training for under 25s in Bromley by Bow
YOUNG people can join a free training course where they can pick up skills in health and safety, leadership and publicity in Bromley by Bow on Monday. The Waterways Champions course for the 16s to 25s is run by green charity Thames 21 and will include
YOUNG people can join a free training course where they can pick up skills in health and safety, leadership and publicity in Bromley by Bow on Monday.
The Waterways Champions course for the 16s to 25s is run by green charity Thames 21 and will include a clean up of a reed bed along the River Lea near Three Mills Island.
Organiser Abby Kelly said: "The short course will cover various aspects including site selection, health and safety, publicity and promotion and leadership - all highly valuable transferable skills. People will also get to meet other like-minded young people, and receive a certificate and t-shirt when they've completed the one-day course."
It runs from 11am to 4pm but places are limited and need to be booked on a first come first served basis.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Abby Kelly on 020 7213 0167 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place. Further details are on www.waterwaychampions.org.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 6 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man