Free waterways training for under 25s in Bromley by Bow
YOUNG people can join a free training course where they can pick up skills in health and safety, leadership and publicity in Bromley by Bow on Monday. The Waterways Champions course for the 16s to 25s is run by green charity Thames 21 and will include
YOUNG people can join a free training course where they can pick up skills in health and safety, leadership and publicity in Bromley by Bow on Monday.
The Waterways Champions course for the 16s to 25s is run by green charity Thames 21 and will include a clean up of a reed bed along the River Lea near Three Mills Island.
Organiser Abby Kelly said: "The short course will cover various aspects including site selection, health and safety, publicity and promotion and leadership - all highly valuable transferable skills. People will also get to meet other like-minded young people, and receive a certificate and t-shirt when they've completed the one-day course."
It runs from 11am to 4pm but places are limited and need to be booked on a first come first served basis.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Abby Kelly on 020 7213 0167 or email@example.com to book a place. Further details are on www.waterwaychampions.org.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene