Friday bike convoys converging on City of London
A SERIES of bike convoys’ led by experienced riders begins on Friday to guide novice commuter cyclists into central London. The Cycle Fridays’ depart at 8am from six locations in all directions for riders who need a little extra support to start cycling to work
A SERIES of bike convoys’ led by experienced riders begins on Friday (August 14) to guide novice commuter cyclists into central London.
The Cycle Fridays’ are departing at 8am from six locations in all directions for riders who need a little extra support to start cycling to work.
The East London convoy to St Paul’s in the City begins at the Mile End Green Bridge in Mile End Road.
EAST LONDON ROUTE
You may also want to watch:
Cyclists are being accompanied through Mile End Park alongside the Regent’s Canal, over the canal bridge at Solebay Street, along Harford Street past Shandy Park, turning right into Ben Jonson Road, left into Stepney High Street past St Dunstan’s, right along Stepney Way, left into Jubilee Street, crossing over Commercial Road into Sutton Street down to Shadwell, then right into Cable Street, all the way to Tower Hill, then Monument and onto St Paul’s.
Other starting points across town are from Cutty Sark Gardens in Greenwich, Finsbury Park in north London, Brixton’s Coldharbour Lane in south London, Swiss Cottage in north-west London and Ravenscourt Park in west London.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
The Friday convoys were inspired by the London Underground strike in June.