Fundraiser to help 16-months old boy with cerebral palsy
A family is organising a fundraising evening next week to help their 16-months-old boy with cerebral palsy receive physiotherapy to help his development.
Joshua Haroon, the youngest of five children, was born with severe cerebral palsy and visual impairment.
His mum Tara Haroon said: “At 16 months he is not rolling, sitting or reaching. He receives weekly physiotherapy from the NHS which is brilliant for keeping his range of movements and tolerance for being handled.
“However, he benefits hugely from having intensive physiotherapy as this helps his brain to understand and master new skills.
The problem for his family, of Old Ford Road in Bow, is that this treatment is not funded by the NHS and costs �3,600 for a two week block of daily sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Tara and her husband David have therefore arranged a series of fundraising events to afford the treatment. The next event is next Wednesday evening, July 20, at Avalon Bar in Shoreditch High Street. Tickets for the event, starting at 7pm, are �5 in advance or on the door. The evening will include a raffle with prizes such an England Shirt singed by Ashley Cole, a pair of boxing gloves signed by James DeGale, a CD signed by Tinie Tempah, a guitar and restaurant vouchers. All drinks are half price on the night.
Customers visiting Tara and her husband David’s local shop, Old Ford Supermarket, have also collected �200 in just over a month to help with Joshua’s treatment.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
Tickets can be purchased in advance by emailing email@example.com.