Fundraiser to help 16-months old boy with cerebral palsy
A family is organising a fundraising evening next week to help their 16-months-old boy with cerebral palsy receive physiotherapy to help his development.
Joshua Haroon, the youngest of five children, was born with severe cerebral palsy and visual impairment.
His mum Tara Haroon said: “At 16 months he is not rolling, sitting or reaching. He receives weekly physiotherapy from the NHS which is brilliant for keeping his range of movements and tolerance for being handled.
“However, he benefits hugely from having intensive physiotherapy as this helps his brain to understand and master new skills.
The problem for his family, of Old Ford Road in Bow, is that this treatment is not funded by the NHS and costs �3,600 for a two week block of daily sessions.
Tara and her husband David have therefore arranged a series of fundraising events to afford the treatment. The next event is next Wednesday evening, July 20, at Avalon Bar in Shoreditch High Street. Tickets for the event, starting at 7pm, are �5 in advance or on the door. The evening will include a raffle with prizes such an England Shirt singed by Ashley Cole, a pair of boxing gloves signed by James DeGale, a CD signed by Tinie Tempah, a guitar and restaurant vouchers. All drinks are half price on the night.
Customers visiting Tara and her husband David’s local shop, Old Ford Supermarket, have also collected �200 in just over a month to help with Joshua’s treatment.
- 1 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 2 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 3 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 4 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 5 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 6 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 7 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 8 Man convicted of stabbing Mohamed Ensser to death on Isle of Dogs
- 9 'Large' cannabis factory discovered in former police station
- 10 E-scooter rider named and man arrested over fatal Canary Wharf crash
Tickets can be purchased in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.