Fundraiser to help 16-months old boy with cerebral palsy
A family is organising a fundraising evening next week to help their 16-months-old boy with cerebral palsy receive physiotherapy to help his development.
Joshua Haroon, the youngest of five children, was born with severe cerebral palsy and visual impairment.
His mum Tara Haroon said: “At 16 months he is not rolling, sitting or reaching. He receives weekly physiotherapy from the NHS which is brilliant for keeping his range of movements and tolerance for being handled.
“However, he benefits hugely from having intensive physiotherapy as this helps his brain to understand and master new skills.
The problem for his family, of Old Ford Road in Bow, is that this treatment is not funded by the NHS and costs �3,600 for a two week block of daily sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Tara and her husband David have therefore arranged a series of fundraising events to afford the treatment. The next event is next Wednesday evening, July 20, at Avalon Bar in Shoreditch High Street. Tickets for the event, starting at 7pm, are �5 in advance or on the door. The evening will include a raffle with prizes such an England Shirt singed by Ashley Cole, a pair of boxing gloves signed by James DeGale, a CD signed by Tinie Tempah, a guitar and restaurant vouchers. All drinks are half price on the night.
Customers visiting Tara and her husband David’s local shop, Old Ford Supermarket, have also collected �200 in just over a month to help with Joshua’s treatment.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Tickets can be purchased in advance by emailing email@example.com.