Crane crashes onto house in Bow
- Credit: Archant
A 20 metre crane has collapsed onto a terraced house in Bow trapping people inside.
Firefighters have been battling to free those trapped in the home in Gale Street with the London Fire Brigade (LFB) advising people to avoid the area.
A video posted on the LFB Twitter page shows a terraced house with part of the roof caved in.
It also shows fire crews and police, and members of the public watching on.The brigade took 14 999 calls with about 50 firefighters from stations including Whitechapel and Stratford at the scene. The first call was received at 2.39pm.
Paramedics are also there including specialist crew which provide life saving treatment in haardous environments.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe