Galloway fury over Canada ban
OUTSPOKEN MP George Galloway hit back tonight at what he called the “outrageous decision” to ban him from Canada on grounds of national security. The East London MP was due to speak at an anti-war public forum in Toronto on March 30
OUTSPOKEN MP George Galloway hit back tonight at what he called the “outrageous decision” to ban him from Canada on grounds of national security.
He vowed that he was not prepared to accept the ban and would use all means to overturn it.
The East London MP for Bethnal Green & Bow was due to speak at a Resisting War from Gaza to Kandahar’ public forum in Toronto on March 30.
But reports emerged today (Friday) that Canadian immigration won’t allow him in on national security’ grounds, due to his opposition to the deployment of Nato troops in Afghanistan. It made him “inadmissible” to Canada.
Galloway said: “This has further vindicated the anti-war movement’s contention that unjust wars abroad will end up consuming the very liberties that make us who we are.”
He is urging “all right-thinking Canadians whether they agree with me or not” over sending troops to Afghanistan to oppose the decision to ban him.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed
No official statement had been issued to Galloway’s constituency office in Bethnal Green by Friday afternoon.