Galloway fury over Canada ban
OUTSPOKEN MP George Galloway hit back tonight at what he called the “outrageous decision” to ban him from Canada on grounds of national security. The East London MP was due to speak at an anti-war public forum in Toronto on March 30
OUTSPOKEN MP George Galloway hit back tonight at what he called the “outrageous decision” to ban him from Canada on grounds of national security.
He vowed that he was not prepared to accept the ban and would use all means to overturn it.
The East London MP for Bethnal Green & Bow was due to speak at a Resisting War from Gaza to Kandahar’ public forum in Toronto on March 30.
But reports emerged today (Friday) that Canadian immigration won’t allow him in on national security’ grounds, due to his opposition to the deployment of Nato troops in Afghanistan. It made him “inadmissible” to Canada.
You may also want to watch:
Galloway said: “This has further vindicated the anti-war movement’s contention that unjust wars abroad will end up consuming the very liberties that make us who we are.”
He is urging “all right-thinking Canadians whether they agree with me or not” over sending troops to Afghanistan to oppose the decision to ban him.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 8 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient
No official statement had been issued to Galloway’s constituency office in Bethnal Green by Friday afternoon.