Galloway fury over Canada ban
OUTSPOKEN MP George Galloway hit back tonight at what he called the “outrageous decision” to ban him from Canada on grounds of national security. The East London MP was due to speak at an anti-war public forum in Toronto on March 30
OUTSPOKEN MP George Galloway hit back tonight at what he called the “outrageous decision” to ban him from Canada on grounds of national security.
He vowed that he was not prepared to accept the ban and would use all means to overturn it.
The East London MP for Bethnal Green & Bow was due to speak at a Resisting War from Gaza to Kandahar’ public forum in Toronto on March 30.
But reports emerged today (Friday) that Canadian immigration won’t allow him in on national security’ grounds, due to his opposition to the deployment of Nato troops in Afghanistan. It made him “inadmissible” to Canada.
You may also want to watch:
Galloway said: “This has further vindicated the anti-war movement’s contention that unjust wars abroad will end up consuming the very liberties that make us who we are.”
He is urging “all right-thinking Canadians whether they agree with me or not” over sending troops to Afghanistan to oppose the decision to ban him.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
No official statement had been issued to Galloway’s constituency office in Bethnal Green by Friday afternoon.