Galloway sends off his Gaza convoy—he joins it later
GEORGE Galloway’s convoy to Gaza set off with 102 vehicles gathered in Hyde Park on Saturday. It included 18 ambulances, a fire engine, a boat and two buses, which were given a send off by Respect’s Bethnal Green and Bow MP, who joins the convoy today (Monday)
GEORGE Galloway's convoy to Gaza set off with 102 vehicles gathered in Hyde Park on Saturday.
It included 18 ambulances, a fire engine, a boat and two buses, which were given a send off by Respect's Bethnal Green and Bow MP, who joins the convoy today (Monday), and by veteran Labour politician Tony Benn.
The total aid on the convoy is estimated at more than �1 million.
The convoy was given a civic reception last night in the French city of Bordeaux before heading down to Madrid for a 'rock concert for Gaza' in the Spanish capital.
You may also want to watch:
They then cross to Morocco and travel across North Africa through Algeria, Libya and Egypt around March 6 as it heads to Gaza.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 10 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone