Galloway sends off his Gaza convoy—he joins it later
GEORGE Galloway’s convoy to Gaza set off with 102 vehicles gathered in Hyde Park on Saturday. It included 18 ambulances, a fire engine, a boat and two buses, which were given a send off by Respect’s Bethnal Green and Bow MP, who joins the convoy today (Monday)
GEORGE Galloway's convoy to Gaza set off with 102 vehicles gathered in Hyde Park on Saturday.
It included 18 ambulances, a fire engine, a boat and two buses, which were given a send off by Respect's Bethnal Green and Bow MP, who joins the convoy today (Monday), and by veteran Labour politician Tony Benn.
The total aid on the convoy is estimated at more than �1 million.
The convoy was given a civic reception last night in the French city of Bordeaux before heading down to Madrid for a 'rock concert for Gaza' in the Spanish capital.
You may also want to watch:
They then cross to Morocco and travel across North Africa through Algeria, Libya and Egypt around March 6 as it heads to Gaza.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings