Galloway sends off his Gaza convoy—he joins it later
GEORGE Galloway’s convoy to Gaza set off with 102 vehicles gathered in Hyde Park on Saturday. It included 18 ambulances, a fire engine, a boat and two buses, which were given a send off by Respect’s Bethnal Green and Bow MP, who joins the convoy today (Monday)
GEORGE Galloway's convoy to Gaza set off with 102 vehicles gathered in Hyde Park on Saturday.
It included 18 ambulances, a fire engine, a boat and two buses, which were given a send off by Respect's Bethnal Green and Bow MP, who joins the convoy today (Monday), and by veteran Labour politician Tony Benn.
The total aid on the convoy is estimated at more than �1 million.
The convoy was given a civic reception last night in the French city of Bordeaux before heading down to Madrid for a 'rock concert for Gaza' in the Spanish capital.
You may also want to watch:
They then cross to Morocco and travel across North Africa through Algeria, Libya and Egypt around March 6 as it heads to Gaza.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United