Galloway urges Americans to bring aid to Gaza
By Julia Gregory HOT on the heels of his aid convoy from the UK to Gaza, George Galloway has announced he is joining forces with a convoy from America. The Bethnal Green and Bow Respect MP is linking up with his friend Vietnam veteran Ron Kovic, whose st
By Julia Gregory
HOT on the heels of his aid convoy from the UK to Gaza, George Galloway has announced he is joining forces with a convoy from America.
The Bethnal Green and Bow Respect MP is linking up with his friend Vietnam veteran Ron Kovic, whose story inspired the movie Born of the Fourth of July.
The pair became friends as they are both active in the Stop the War campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Galloway has just completed a speaking tour of the US after he was banned from entering Canada where he has been regarded as a security risk.
But the United States government had no qualms in allowing him enter America.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 3 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 4 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 5 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 6 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
Mr Galloway said: "We aim for $10 million in aid and 500 vehicles for Gaza."
His recent convoy from the UK saw volunteers travel in 100 vehicles with �1 million of aid.
Galloway announced the initiative at a 1000-strong meeting in Anaheim in South California, rounding off a packed-out, coast to coast speaking tour highlighting the Palestinian cause.
Volunteers will fly out to Egypt and source aid in the Middle East before heading to Gaza through the Rafah crossing and symbolically plan to start their mission on American Independence Day, July 4.