Gang hack down spy camera mast in dead of night
A GANG of masked men cut down a CCTV mast in London’s East End in the middle of the night. A neighbour woken by the sound of an angle grinder at 3am looked out of his window and saw the eight men in ski masks cutting through the 15ft pole
A GANG of masked men cut down a CCTV mast in London’s East End in the middle of the night.
A neighbour woken by the sound of an angle grinder at 3am looked out of his window and saw the eight men in ski masks in Myrdle Street, Whitechapel, on the corner by Commercial Road cutting through the 15ft pole.
“I heard the sound of a loud angle grinder,” the neighbour told the East London Advertiser.
“The men all had ski masks on and obviously didn’t want to be identified.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a notorious spot and there have been several street arrests where men have been caught passing drugs.”
Police turned up a few minutes later after a 999 call following the incident last Monday. But the men were gone—leaving the camera mast across the pavement.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
The mast had been installed just a fortnight before and was waiting for a camera to be fitted to the top.