Gang rapist gets 8 years—13 years after fleeing the country
A GANG rapist has been jailed for two attacks 13 years after he fled mainland Britain to escape justice. Dawid Wysocki, now aged 30, was a teenager when he and an accomplice abducted a 17-year-old girl from the street in and gang-raped her with at least two others. The attack was linked to an earlier rape
A GANG rapist has been jailed for two attacks 13 years after he fled mainland Britain to escape justice.
Dawid Wysocki, now aged 30, was a teenager when he and an accomplice abducted a 17-year-old girl from the street in Whitechapel in London’s East End and gang-raped her with at least two others. The attack was linked by forensics to an earlier rape.
Wysocki was finally tracked down to Northern Ireland in 2008, after 11 years, and brought back to London in handcuffs.
“This very dangerous man has never shown any remorse for these crimes and was determined to avoid prison,” said Det Ins Dan Brown.
You may also want to watch:
“But what he didn’t appreciate was that police were equally determined to achieve justice for his victims. He was arrested in a joint operation between Metropolitan and Northern Ireland police and the Irish Garda.”
Wysocki kidnapped a teenage prostitute in Commercial Street in Whitechapel in September, 1996, then drove her to an address in Finchley in north-London where she was raped by at least four men over a prolonged period.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
Forensic evidence link the attack to the rape of a 24-year-old woman at Tottenham Marshes four days earlier.
One rapist was jailed 10 years, a second for six years for rape and false imprisonment.
But Wysocki went on the run and was not found until 18 months ago. He pleaded guilty to both 1996 rapes when he finally appeared at Wood Green Crown court when he was given eight-and-a-half years, together with 99 days for absconding, the sentences to run together.