GCSEs: pupils get their best ever results at Poplar’s Langdon Park
- Credit: Langdon Park School
An impressive 65 per cent of pupils got five grades of four plus in maths and English at east London’s Langdon Park Secondary in today’s GCSE results.
The new number grading, equalling the old A* to C, was the best-ever GCSE grades at the school in Poplar.
Afiea Begum was among this year’s high performers who received top Grade-9 in English literature, Grade-8 in English Language and Grade 8 in maths, as well as five A* and one A.
Maisha Akhtar got a 9 in English language, 7 in English literature, 9 in maths as well as three A* and three As.
Akram Hussein received a 9 in English literature, 8 in maths and 7 in English language, along with three As and three Bs.
You may also want to watch:
“The results speak for themselves,” Langdon Park’s head Richard Fitzgerald said. “Our Year 11s have worked incredibly hard. The encouragement and support from parents and staff has paid off.”
Langdon Park School holds a Sixth Form open evening on November 8, to “provide every student with the qualifications and skills to secure a good future”.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided