Gem of a deal for Tiffany’s to open new store in Canary Wharf
ONE of the world’s top diamond jewellers is setting up shop in London’s Canary Wharf. Tiffany’s has announced a new store in the wealthy business district by the Thames
ONE of the world’s top diamond jewellers is setting up shop in London’s Canary Wharf.
Tiffany’s has announced a new store in the wealthy business district by the Thames.
The 2,000sq ft store opening in September at Cabot Place East retail mall will be the ninth London outlet for the 170-year-old New York firm, following recent new branches at Heathrow and White City’s Westfield centre added to its collection’.
A 10-year lease has been exchanged with Canary Wharf property group, after negotiations behind closed doors, with Tiffany’s seen as a prestige coup for East London.
You may also want to watch:
Canary Wharf group’s retail vice president Camille Waxer said: “Tiffany’s will attract new shoppers from around London. Accessible luxury and is always on top of consumer trends.”
Tiffany’s, growing from a New York City legend into a worldwide phenomenon, has been looking for some time for a prestige location east of the Tower of London and has now secured a 10-year deal in the luxury shopping mall.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
Canary Wharf’s retail portfolio’ is now almost 100 per cent let. Just two per cent is still up to let.