Gem of a deal for Tiffany’s to open new store in Canary Wharf
ONE of the world’s top diamond jewellers is setting up shop in London’s Canary Wharf. Tiffany’s has announced a new store in the wealthy business district by the Thames
ONE of the world’s top diamond jewellers is setting up shop in London’s Canary Wharf.
Tiffany’s has announced a new store in the wealthy business district by the Thames.
The 2,000sq ft store opening in September at Cabot Place East retail mall will be the ninth London outlet for the 170-year-old New York firm, following recent new branches at Heathrow and White City’s Westfield centre added to its collection’.
A 10-year lease has been exchanged with Canary Wharf property group, after negotiations behind closed doors, with Tiffany’s seen as a prestige coup for East London.
You may also want to watch:
Canary Wharf group’s retail vice president Camille Waxer said: “Tiffany’s will attract new shoppers from around London. Accessible luxury and is always on top of consumer trends.”
Tiffany’s, growing from a New York City legend into a worldwide phenomenon, has been looking for some time for a prestige location east of the Tower of London and has now secured a 10-year deal in the luxury shopping mall.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
Canary Wharf’s retail portfolio’ is now almost 100 per cent let. Just two per cent is still up to let.