Gem of a deal for Tiffany’s to open new store in Canary Wharf
ONE of the world’s top diamond jewellers is setting up shop in London’s Canary Wharf. Tiffany’s has announced a new store in the wealthy business district by the Thames
ONE of the world’s top diamond jewellers is setting up shop in London’s Canary Wharf.
Tiffany’s has announced a new store in the wealthy business district by the Thames.
The 2,000sq ft store opening in September at Cabot Place East retail mall will be the ninth London outlet for the 170-year-old New York firm, following recent new branches at Heathrow and White City’s Westfield centre added to its collection’.
A 10-year lease has been exchanged with Canary Wharf property group, after negotiations behind closed doors, with Tiffany’s seen as a prestige coup for East London.
Canary Wharf group’s retail vice president Camille Waxer said: “Tiffany’s will attract new shoppers from around London. Accessible luxury and is always on top of consumer trends.”
Tiffany’s, growing from a New York City legend into a worldwide phenomenon, has been looking for some time for a prestige location east of the Tower of London and has now secured a 10-year deal in the luxury shopping mall.
- 1 Bow flat fire caused by sunlight on glass bottle
- 2 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 5 Fire brigade raises concerns over 51-storey Canary Wharf tower plans
- 6 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 7 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 8 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 9 Crossrail: Canary Wharf station ready as Elizabeth Line nears opening
- 10 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
Canary Wharf’s retail portfolio’ is now almost 100 per cent let. Just two per cent is still up to let.