Gemma McCluskie - tearful friends and family pay respects
Tearful friends and family of former East Enders actress Gemma McCluskie paid tribute to her at her funeral today.
Gemma’s loved ones gathered outside St Monica’s Church in Hoxton Square after the service finished at around lunchtime today.
A round of applause and hugs between mourners greeted her coffin after it was brought out of the church. Sadly, her mother Pauline was unable to attend the service due to her ongoing battle with cancer.
The procession is now making its way to the City of London Crematorium.
Gemma played Kerry Skinner in the BBC1 soap EastEnders from 2000 to 2001.
You may also want to watch:
She went missing from her Bethnal Green home earlier this year and her dismembered body was found in Regent’s Canal.
Gemma’s brother Tony, 35, has accepted responsibility for the death of the 29-year-old. He is due to stand trial at the Old Bailey in January 2013, and the court will decide whether Gemma’s death was murder or manslaughter.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window