Gemma McCluskie - tearful friends and family pay respects
Tearful friends and family of former East Enders actress Gemma McCluskie paid tribute to her at her funeral today.
Gemma’s loved ones gathered outside St Monica’s Church in Hoxton Square after the service finished at around lunchtime today.
A round of applause and hugs between mourners greeted her coffin after it was brought out of the church. Sadly, her mother Pauline was unable to attend the service due to her ongoing battle with cancer.
The procession is now making its way to the City of London Crematorium.
Gemma played Kerry Skinner in the BBC1 soap EastEnders from 2000 to 2001.
You may also want to watch:
She went missing from her Bethnal Green home earlier this year and her dismembered body was found in Regent’s Canal.
Gemma’s brother Tony, 35, has accepted responsibility for the death of the 29-year-old. He is due to stand trial at the Old Bailey in January 2013, and the court will decide whether Gemma’s death was murder or manslaughter.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 5 Stolen bikes being recycled in Mile End by police
- 6 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis