Genesis housing gets thumbs up from Homes Agency for its East End estates
Social landlords who manage 2,000 homes in London’s deprived East End have been given a top rating by a government agency.
Genesis Housing Association got a G1 rating for the way it runs its estates and a V1 rating its finances—both top grades.
The double star accolade comes from the Homes and Communities Agency.
Genesis Chief Neil Hadden said: “This is a vote of confidence in the way we’ve turned the business around in the last four years.
“It signals that we are on the right approach using a more business-like mindset to fulfil our social purpose of providing housing and services to the people who need them most.”
You may also want to watch:
The news comes on the back of Genesis recently announcing a pre-tax surplus of £44.3 million for the group.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window