Get walking with free event offering Olympic stadium views
AS THE DATES of the Olympic Games gets closer walkers are being offered the chance of joining a free walk taking in views of the Olympic stadium. The walk on Sunday (May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging
AS THE DATES of the Olympic Games gets closer walkers are being offered the chance of joining a free walk taking in views of the Olympic stadium.
The walk on Sunday (May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging Tower Hamlets and Hackney residents to take gentle exercise.
Photographer Charlotte Mew will be on hand to offer tips and everyone who joins the walk will get refreshments and a free step counter to monitor the number of footsteps they take each day.
To celebrate the Ramblers Association's 75th anniversary the first 30 people on the walk are also offered the chance to join for �1 instead of the usual �29.50 individual membership.
You may also want to watch:
Ramblers President, Julia Bradbury, comments: "Accessible to all, walking is a perfect form of exercise. Even walking for half an hour five times a week makes a real difference. Make walking part of your life as the more you do, the better you'll feel."
"Joining in with Get Walking Day is an excellent way to kick-start a lifelong love of walking."
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
The walk begins at 11am outside the Pavilion Cafe, Victoria Park, Corner of Old Ford Road and Grove Road and is open to all.