Get walking with free event offering Olympic stadium views
AS THE DATES of the Olympic Games gets closer walkers are being offered the chance of joining a free walk taking in views of the Olympic stadium. The walk on Sunday (May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging
AS THE DATES of the Olympic Games gets closer walkers are being offered the chance of joining a free walk taking in views of the Olympic stadium.
The walk on Sunday (May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging Tower Hamlets and Hackney residents to take gentle exercise.
Photographer Charlotte Mew will be on hand to offer tips and everyone who joins the walk will get refreshments and a free step counter to monitor the number of footsteps they take each day.
To celebrate the Ramblers Association's 75th anniversary the first 30 people on the walk are also offered the chance to join for �1 instead of the usual �29.50 individual membership.
You may also want to watch:
Ramblers President, Julia Bradbury, comments: "Accessible to all, walking is a perfect form of exercise. Even walking for half an hour five times a week makes a real difference. Make walking part of your life as the more you do, the better you'll feel."
"Joining in with Get Walking Day is an excellent way to kick-start a lifelong love of walking."
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 10 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
The walk begins at 11am outside the Pavilion Cafe, Victoria Park, Corner of Old Ford Road and Grove Road and is open to all.