Get walking with free event offering Olympic stadium views
AS THE DATES of the Olympic Games gets closer walkers are being offered the chance of joining a free walk taking in views of the Olympic stadium. The walk on Sunday (May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging
AS THE DATES of the Olympic Games gets closer walkers are being offered the chance of joining a free walk taking in views of the Olympic stadium.
The walk on Sunday (May 23) is run by the Ramblers Association Get Walking Keep Walking project encouraging Tower Hamlets and Hackney residents to take gentle exercise.
Photographer Charlotte Mew will be on hand to offer tips and everyone who joins the walk will get refreshments and a free step counter to monitor the number of footsteps they take each day.
To celebrate the Ramblers Association's 75th anniversary the first 30 people on the walk are also offered the chance to join for �1 instead of the usual �29.50 individual membership.
You may also want to watch:
Ramblers President, Julia Bradbury, comments: "Accessible to all, walking is a perfect form of exercise. Even walking for half an hour five times a week makes a real difference. Make walking part of your life as the more you do, the better you'll feel."
"Joining in with Get Walking Day is an excellent way to kick-start a lifelong love of walking."
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
The walk begins at 11am outside the Pavilion Cafe, Victoria Park, Corner of Old Ford Road and Grove Road and is open to all.