Ghostly goings on in the East End's parks
GHOSTS and ghouls will be putting the frighteners on East End parks as Tower Hamlets celebrates Halloween next week. Mile End Park s children s area on Burdett Road will host Teeny Halloweeny next Wednesday from 1-5pm where kids under seven can enjoy cree
GHOSTS and ghouls will be putting the frighteners on East End parks as Tower Hamlets celebrates Halloween next week.
Mile End Park's children's area on Burdett Road will host Teeny Halloweeny next Wednesday from 1-5pm where kids under seven can enjoy creepy stories, face painting and apple bobbing.
Also on Wednesday, terrifying treats will be on offer at Shadwell's King Edward Memorial Park in The Highway where scary stories will be acted out by the council's community park rangers from 5.30-7.30pm. Call 020 7510 2954 to book a place.
The borough's Halloween events wrap up on Halloween itself, Saturday, October 31, with the annual Park After Dark event in Mile End Park's Ecology Park.
You may also want to watch:
This year the theme is Scooby-Doo and scary tours take place between 6 and 9pm.
Lasting around 30 minutes, visitors will be taken on a tour to solve bloodcurdling mysteries, meeting ghosts and monsters on the way. To book a place, call 020 7364 4147.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel