Ghostly goings on in the East End's parks
GHOSTS and ghouls will be putting the frighteners on East End parks as Tower Hamlets celebrates Halloween next week. Mile End Park s children s area on Burdett Road will host Teeny Halloweeny next Wednesday from 1-5pm where kids under seven can enjoy cree
GHOSTS and ghouls will be putting the frighteners on East End parks as Tower Hamlets celebrates Halloween next week.
Mile End Park's children's area on Burdett Road will host Teeny Halloweeny next Wednesday from 1-5pm where kids under seven can enjoy creepy stories, face painting and apple bobbing.
Also on Wednesday, terrifying treats will be on offer at Shadwell's King Edward Memorial Park in The Highway where scary stories will be acted out by the council's community park rangers from 5.30-7.30pm. Call 020 7510 2954 to book a place.
The borough's Halloween events wrap up on Halloween itself, Saturday, October 31, with the annual Park After Dark event in Mile End Park's Ecology Park.
You may also want to watch:
This year the theme is Scooby-Doo and scary tours take place between 6 and 9pm.
Lasting around 30 minutes, visitors will be taken on a tour to solve bloodcurdling mysteries, meeting ghosts and monsters on the way. To book a place, call 020 7364 4147.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End