Ghostly goings on in the East End's parks
GHOSTS and ghouls will be putting the frighteners on East End parks as Tower Hamlets celebrates Halloween next week. Mile End Park s children s area on Burdett Road will host Teeny Halloweeny next Wednesday from 1-5pm where kids under seven can enjoy cree
GHOSTS and ghouls will be putting the frighteners on East End parks as Tower Hamlets celebrates Halloween next week.
Mile End Park's children's area on Burdett Road will host Teeny Halloweeny next Wednesday from 1-5pm where kids under seven can enjoy creepy stories, face painting and apple bobbing.
Also on Wednesday, terrifying treats will be on offer at Shadwell's King Edward Memorial Park in The Highway where scary stories will be acted out by the council's community park rangers from 5.30-7.30pm. Call 020 7510 2954 to book a place.
The borough's Halloween events wrap up on Halloween itself, Saturday, October 31, with the annual Park After Dark event in Mile End Park's Ecology Park.
You may also want to watch:
This year the theme is Scooby-Doo and scary tours take place between 6 and 9pm.
Lasting around 30 minutes, visitors will be taken on a tour to solve bloodcurdling mysteries, meeting ghosts and monsters on the way. To book a place, call 020 7364 4147.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 9 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids