Ghostly goings on in the East End's parks
GHOSTS and ghouls will be putting the frighteners on East End parks as Tower Hamlets celebrates Halloween next week. Mile End Park s children s area on Burdett Road will host Teeny Halloweeny next Wednesday from 1-5pm where kids under seven can enjoy cree
GHOSTS and ghouls will be putting the frighteners on East End parks as Tower Hamlets celebrates Halloween next week.
Mile End Park's children's area on Burdett Road will host Teeny Halloweeny next Wednesday from 1-5pm where kids under seven can enjoy creepy stories, face painting and apple bobbing.
Also on Wednesday, terrifying treats will be on offer at Shadwell's King Edward Memorial Park in The Highway where scary stories will be acted out by the council's community park rangers from 5.30-7.30pm. Call 020 7510 2954 to book a place.
The borough's Halloween events wrap up on Halloween itself, Saturday, October 31, with the annual Park After Dark event in Mile End Park's Ecology Park.
You may also want to watch:
This year the theme is Scooby-Doo and scary tours take place between 6 and 9pm.
Lasting around 30 minutes, visitors will be taken on a tour to solve bloodcurdling mysteries, meeting ghosts and monsters on the way. To book a place, call 020 7364 4147.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'