Girl, 12, attacked by teen gang in park
A SCHOOLGIRL was beaten by a gang of teenagers as she walked through an East End park last week. The 12-year-old was attacked by a group of four or five girls as she walked through Mile End Park at 4pm last Wednesday. They told the girl to empty her pocke
A SCHOOLGIRL was beaten by a gang of teenagers as she walked through a park in London's East End.
The 12-year-old was attacked by four or five girls in Mile End Park at 4pm last Wednesday.
The grouip made the girl empty her pockets, which contained just �1 and a set of keys, then grabbed her by the face, hit her on the head and kicked her as she fell to the ground.
A passer-by intervened and told the girl to go home. Her mother later contacted the police. The girl did not need hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The attackers are described as black girls aged around 14.
Police are appealing for witnesses and are asking anyone with information to contact Det Con Tom Thear in the Robbery Squad on 020-8217 3838 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger