Girl, 9, creates amazing maze—mowing long grass
A BUDDING nine-year old landscape gardener has created a grass maze’ with her classmates which has been opened to the public in London’s East End. Tasheen Rahmen won a contest to creat a maze Mile End Park
A BUDDING nine-year old landscape gardener has created a grass maze’ with her classmates which has been opened to the public in London’s East End.
Pupils from Stepney’s Marion Richardson Primary School (pictured) were among the first to explore the maze which has been mowed out of long grass, after taking part in a competition to design the linked pathways.
Talented Tasheen Rahmen won the contest and created her maze at Mile End Park.
“I couldn't wait for all my friends to come and see my maze,” said the amazed youngster.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel proud of what I have achieved and hope people enjoy it.”
The Mile End Park grass maze is opposite the Ragged School Museum by the Regent’s Canal where Dr Barnardo set up his orphanage in the Victorian East End. Nearest entrance is King George V Gate in Rhodeswell Road.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 5 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?