Girl, 9, creates amazing maze—mowing long grass
A BUDDING nine-year old landscape gardener has created a grass maze’ with her classmates which has been opened to the public in London’s East End. Tasheen Rahmen won a contest to creat a maze Mile End Park
A BUDDING nine-year old landscape gardener has created a grass maze’ with her classmates which has been opened to the public in London’s East End.
Pupils from Stepney’s Marion Richardson Primary School (pictured) were among the first to explore the maze which has been mowed out of long grass, after taking part in a competition to design the linked pathways.
Talented Tasheen Rahmen won the contest and created her maze at Mile End Park.
“I couldn't wait for all my friends to come and see my maze,” said the amazed youngster.
“I feel proud of what I have achieved and hope people enjoy it.”
The Mile End Park grass maze is opposite the Ragged School Museum by the Regent’s Canal where Dr Barnardo set up his orphanage in the Victorian East End. Nearest entrance is King George V Gate in Rhodeswell Road.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Shoreditch Park Academy officially opens its doors
- 9 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 10 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year