Girl, 9, creates amazing maze—mowing long grass
A BUDDING nine-year old landscape gardener has created a grass maze’ with her classmates which has been opened to the public in London’s East End. Tasheen Rahmen won a contest to creat a maze Mile End Park
A BUDDING nine-year old landscape gardener has created a grass maze’ with her classmates which has been opened to the public in London’s East End.
Pupils from Stepney’s Marion Richardson Primary School (pictured) were among the first to explore the maze which has been mowed out of long grass, after taking part in a competition to design the linked pathways.
Talented Tasheen Rahmen won the contest and created her maze at Mile End Park.
“I couldn't wait for all my friends to come and see my maze,” said the amazed youngster.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel proud of what I have achieved and hope people enjoy it.”
The Mile End Park grass maze is opposite the Ragged School Museum by the Regent’s Canal where Dr Barnardo set up his orphanage in the Victorian East End. Nearest entrance is King George V Gate in Rhodeswell Road.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire