Girl, 9, creates amazing maze—mowing long grass
A BUDDING nine-year old landscape gardener has created a grass maze’ with her classmates which has been opened to the public in London’s East End. Tasheen Rahmen won a contest to creat a maze Mile End Park
A BUDDING nine-year old landscape gardener has created a grass maze’ with her classmates which has been opened to the public in London’s East End.
Pupils from Stepney’s Marion Richardson Primary School (pictured) were among the first to explore the maze which has been mowed out of long grass, after taking part in a competition to design the linked pathways.
Talented Tasheen Rahmen won the contest and created her maze at Mile End Park.
“I couldn't wait for all my friends to come and see my maze,” said the amazed youngster.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel proud of what I have achieved and hope people enjoy it.”
The Mile End Park grass maze is opposite the Ragged School Museum by the Regent’s Canal where Dr Barnardo set up his orphanage in the Victorian East End. Nearest entrance is King George V Gate in Rhodeswell Road.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff