Five-year-old from Bow visited by West Ham footballers
- Credit: West Ham United via Getty Images
West Ham footballers helped bring some early Christmas cheer when they visited sick youngsters, including a little girl from Bow.
Alexis Hunt, five, has a tube in her windpipe to help her breathe and spends time at Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Beckton.
She and the other young patients were visited by Hammers stars Andy Carroll, Javier Hernandez, Felipe Anderson and Winston Reid, who spoke to the children and their families, posed for photographs and handed out a few early Christmas presents.
Alexis’ mum Kelly said: “Coming here and meeting the players was amazing, just amazing.
“It is something Alexis will remember and smile about for a very long time.”
You may also want to watch:
Felipe Anderson added: “This is my first visit to Richard House but what has really struck me is the warmth and care from the staff.
“The children have been happy and laughing all day, and this is certainly a humbling experience that I will never forget.”
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided