Girl, six, comforted by stranger as father is attacked
A LITTLE girl had to be comforted by a stranger as she watched three men kick her father unconscious in a vicious attack outside a Post Office. The six year old girl watched in horror and had to be looked after by an elderly man as her 31-year-old dad was
A LITTLE girl had to be comforted by a stranger as she watched three men kick her father unconscious in a vicious attack outside a Post Office.
The six year old girl watched in horror and had to be looked after by an elderly man as her 31-year-old dad was attacked outside the Post office in Globe Road, Stepney after 2.40pm on Saturday, January 23.
The attackers jumped out of an Iveco van, hit him with an object and kicked him as he lay on the floor until he fell unconscious.
Police now want to trace the man who looked after the little girl as they believe he could hold vital information about the incident. He has been described as an elderly Asian man and police believe he could be a key witness.
You may also want to watch:
The victim needed facial reconstructive surgery to repair a broken jaw. Surgeons at the Royal London Hospital's maxillofacial department fixed titanium plates to the bones in his face to repair the damage.
Police have said that both the victim and the suspects in the incident were white, although officers have described one suspect as having olive skin.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 4 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 5 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 6 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 7 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 8 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing
- 9 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 10 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con Eddy Paul in the violent crime unit at Limehouse Police Station on 0207 275 4542 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.