Girl, six, comforted by stranger as father is attacked
A LITTLE girl had to be comforted by a stranger as she watched three men kick her father unconscious in a vicious attack outside a Post Office. The six year old girl watched in horror and had to be looked after by an elderly man as her 31-year-old dad was
A LITTLE girl had to be comforted by a stranger as she watched three men kick her father unconscious in a vicious attack outside a Post Office.
The six year old girl watched in horror and had to be looked after by an elderly man as her 31-year-old dad was attacked outside the Post office in Globe Road, Stepney after 2.40pm on Saturday, January 23.
The attackers jumped out of an Iveco van, hit him with an object and kicked him as he lay on the floor until he fell unconscious.
Police now want to trace the man who looked after the little girl as they believe he could hold vital information about the incident. He has been described as an elderly Asian man and police believe he could be a key witness.
You may also want to watch:
The victim needed facial reconstructive surgery to repair a broken jaw. Surgeons at the Royal London Hospital's maxillofacial department fixed titanium plates to the bones in his face to repair the damage.
Police have said that both the victim and the suspects in the incident were white, although officers have described one suspect as having olive skin.
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 7 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con Eddy Paul in the violent crime unit at Limehouse Police Station on 0207 275 4542 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.