Girl, six, comforted by stranger as father is attacked
A LITTLE girl had to be comforted by a stranger as she watched three men kick her father unconscious in a vicious attack outside a Post Office. The six year old girl watched in horror and had to be looked after by an elderly man as her 31-year-old dad was
A LITTLE girl had to be comforted by a stranger as she watched three men kick her father unconscious in a vicious attack outside a Post Office.
The six year old girl watched in horror and had to be looked after by an elderly man as her 31-year-old dad was attacked outside the Post office in Globe Road, Stepney after 2.40pm on Saturday, January 23.
The attackers jumped out of an Iveco van, hit him with an object and kicked him as he lay on the floor until he fell unconscious.
Police now want to trace the man who looked after the little girl as they believe he could hold vital information about the incident. He has been described as an elderly Asian man and police believe he could be a key witness.
You may also want to watch:
The victim needed facial reconstructive surgery to repair a broken jaw. Surgeons at the Royal London Hospital's maxillofacial department fixed titanium plates to the bones in his face to repair the damage.
Police have said that both the victim and the suspects in the incident were white, although officers have described one suspect as having olive skin.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con Eddy Paul in the violent crime unit at Limehouse Police Station on 0207 275 4542 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.