Gnanduillet signs for the O’s
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
French forward agrees switch to Brisbane Road and will wear the number 32
Leyton Orient have completed the signing of Chesterfield forward Armand Gnanduillet on a two-and-a-half year contract.
The 24-year-old’s move to Brisbane Road had been expected since Monday, but could only be completed this afternoon.
He is officially the first signing under the management of Kevin Nolan, although technical director Andrea Pressenda played a big part in the deal.
Gnanduillet was actually one of the targets previous head coach Ian Hendon identified and despite him leaving the club earlier this week – it failed to jeopardise the deal.
You may also want to watch:
The French forward will be familiar to his new team mates after scoring twice against the O’s on January 2 for Stevenage.
He spent three months at the Broadhall Way outfit and scored six times in 16 appearances for Teddy Sheringham’s side.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
At Orient he will wear the number 32 shirt and is available for Saturday’s clash at Wycombe Wanderers.
It is believed the east Londoners paid a significant amount to the Spireites to purchase the former Le Havre youngster.
Gnanduillet will boost the O’s options in attack and compete with Jay Simpson, Ollie Palmer and Scott Kashket for a starting role.
He doesn’t speak English, but the likes of captain Mathieu Baudry and recent recruit Nigel Atangana will help him settle in at Brisbane Road.