G�bells would be proud of Town Hall’s propaganda paper
Dear Ed, TALK to anyone living in Tower Hamlets saying you’ve been reading a copy of Pravda’—and they will know immediately you are talking about the council’s East End Life’ free paper. It is a propaganda sheet of which G�bells would have been proud
TALK to anyone living in Tower Hamlets saying you’ve been reading a copy of Pravda’—and they will know immediately you are talking about the council’s East End Life’ free paper.
It is a propaganda sheet of which Paul Joseph G�bells would have been truly proud.
Our MP George Galloway is to be thanked for highlighting this absolute disgrace, arguably quite fraudulent, of our Community Charge being misused in this way (Stop town hall political newspapers paid for by council tax, MP urges,’ Advertiser Website, June 23).
We are aware we can do nothing about the expenses claimed by our MPs in Westminster.
You may also want to watch:
But we should be able to stop this anti-democratic diversion of public funds—our pennies and pounds!
We want the East London Advertiser please!
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 8 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Dr Bob Potter
Swanfield Street, Bethnal Green