Goose thinks he’s a goat—after Foxy got his gal
MEET Gregor the Goose—who thinks he’s really a goat. He won’t eat anything but goat mix and refuses to go swimming in the pond like normal’ geese. Gregor, who’s 11 years old, even lives with his goat pals down on Stepping Stones city farm in London’s East End
By Jessica Mudditt
MEET Gregor the Goose—who thinks he’s really a goat. He won’t eat anything but goat mix and refuses to go swimming in the pond like normal’ geese.
Gregor, who’s 11 years old, even lives with his goat pals down on Stepping Stones city farm in London’s East End.
He got lonely after a sly fox eat his goose lady friend seven years ago. So he made friends with a family of goats, Billy, Nanny and their kids. He eats with them and even kips in their pen.
But staff and volunteers at the farm in Stepney are having to evict Gregor from the goat pen—he’s starting to bicker with his adopted family.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
“He began bullying the goats and being nasty to the pregnant ones,” the farm’s livestock director Francesco Vavari explained. “A vet suggested moving him on.
“This goose only eats goat mix and hangs out with the goats, but we’ve having to move him.”
Gregor has already tried out his new home, a yard close to the street where passers-by stop to talk to him.
The trouble is, farm staff fear this mixed-up goose will probably start thinking he’s a human.
If he’s not careful, his goose will be cooked!