Graduate Fashion Week grand finale staged at Brick Lane’s Truman Brewery
- Credit: Graduate Fashion Week
The grand finale takes place today for this year’s Graduate Fashion Week in London’s East End.
Brick Lane has been bustling for three days as thousands of fashion-lovers flocked to The Old Truman Brewery.
University of Brighton took to the catwalk first yesterday, with collections displaying a trend for vibrant red.
Other universities of Bath Spa, De Montfort, Northampton, Nottingham Trent, Kingston and Manchester followed during the day.
Significant trends were clashing prints and experimental textures, although one De Montfort student went against the grain with a clean white collection with hints of grey.
You may also want to watch:
Highlights included Hilary Alexander speaking with Sunday newspaper style editor Claudia Croft and PR Guru and Communications Store director Daniel Marks.
Award winners were announced with best talent in textiles, fashion marketing, fashion photography and styling being recognized by a top panel of judges.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
This year’s Graduate Fashion Week is set for at least 30,000 coming through the doors as ‘the cream’ of the British fashion industry gather, as well as fashionistas and fashion-lovers.
The week of pop-up shows, live photo shoots and interactive talks culminates in today’s grand finale with the International Show and Best of Graduate Show.