Grants on offer for Tower Hamlets charities
- Credit: Archant
Small charities in Tower Hamlets are urged to apply for funding as part of the Mayor of London’s volunteering initiative.
Organisations who place young and disadvantaged people in volunteering positions can apply, as well as charities who provide local volunteering opportunities.
The Team London initiative is built on the success of volunteers during the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, said: “London’s army of amazing volunteers provide tremendous benefits to our city, giving people great satisfaction in helping others.
“I urge charities to bid for this cash and help us provide even more volunteering opportunities especially for young Londoners.”
Now in its third year, it will see at least ten charities benefit from grants of up to £10,000.
Last year’s scheme saw two Tower Hamlets organisations awarded money - sports forum Pro-Active East London and TimeBank, where city workers provide educational support.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
Charities can apply by visiting volunteerteam.london.gov.uk