Great Balls of Fire! 55,000 see East End Guy Fawkes show
AN ESTIMATED 55,000 spectators turned out to watch to watch East London s big Guy Fawkes fireworks display in Victoria Park at the weekend. This year's theme was Great Balls of Fire which lit up the night sky
AN ESTIMATED 55,000 spectators turned out to watch to watch East London’s big Guy Fawkes fireworks display in Victoria Park at the weekend.
This year’s theme was Great Balls of Fire’ which lit up the night sky.
The rain just held off as families watched starbursts and flames bursting 60ft in the air to music and to the delight of thousands of children.
But kids were banned again this year from using sparklers for what the organisers, Tower Hamlets Council, described as “health and safety” reasons.
You may also want to watch:
There were fears the sparklers “could prove too dangerous because of the close-proximity of the thousands of revellers,” according to the Town Hall today.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 10 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone