Great Balls of Fire! 55,000 see East End Guy Fawkes show
AN ESTIMATED 55,000 spectators turned out to watch to watch East London s big Guy Fawkes fireworks display in Victoria Park at the weekend. This year's theme was Great Balls of Fire which lit up the night sky
AN ESTIMATED 55,000 spectators turned out to watch to watch East London’s big Guy Fawkes fireworks display in Victoria Park at the weekend.
This year’s theme was Great Balls of Fire’ which lit up the night sky.
The rain just held off as families watched starbursts and flames bursting 60ft in the air to music and to the delight of thousands of children.
But kids were banned again this year from using sparklers for what the organisers, Tower Hamlets Council, described as “health and safety” reasons.
You may also want to watch:
There were fears the sparklers “could prove too dangerous because of the close-proximity of the thousands of revellers,” according to the Town Hall today.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 6 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 10 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'