Great Balls of Fire! 55,000 see East End Guy Fawkes show
AN ESTIMATED 55,000 spectators turned out to watch to watch East London s big Guy Fawkes fireworks display in Victoria Park at the weekend. This year's theme was Great Balls of Fire which lit up the night sky
AN ESTIMATED 55,000 spectators turned out to watch to watch East London’s big Guy Fawkes fireworks display in Victoria Park at the weekend.
This year’s theme was Great Balls of Fire’ which lit up the night sky.
The rain just held off as families watched starbursts and flames bursting 60ft in the air to music and to the delight of thousands of children.
But kids were banned again this year from using sparklers for what the organisers, Tower Hamlets Council, described as “health and safety” reasons.
You may also want to watch:
There were fears the sparklers “could prove too dangerous because of the close-proximity of the thousands of revellers,” according to the Town Hall today.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom